Are you facing an issue with the drum brakes of your vehicle? Do you have to make a lot of effort to drive your four-wheeler due to the problem of drum brakes? If the answer is yes then it is better to replace it in order to avoid any major problems when you are behind the wheel. You can either hire a professional and experienced mobile mechanic to help you with this or you can do it on your own.
Now if you want to know the ways in which you can replace the drum brakes of your vehicles then you need to go check out the points that are explained in detail below. You will get a good idea about this and will be successful in completing the drum brakes replacement work on time.
Steps Which You Need To Follow While Replacing Drum Brakes
1. The first thing that you need to do is remove the wheel cover and loosen the lug nuts. For this, you need to use stands and jacks in order to support and raise the car.
2. It is highly important for you to disengage the parking brake safely if you want to remove the brake drum. You need to do it to get the brake shoes.
3. To remove the brake drum you need to remove any drum clips and then smartly slide the drum off.
4. After this you need to remove the rubber access port which is on the backing plate.
5. Then you will have to turn on the star wheel which is on the drum adjuster.
6. To remove the brake drums you need to move them back and forth. You need to pull them from the hub safely. To do so you may need to use a hammer or cut the drum off if it is stuck. Even professionals who specialise in offering brakes repair in Canberra suggest this thing.
7. The next thing that you need to do is inspect the brakes and clean them.
8. Disassembling the brake drum carefully and removing the brake shoes is the next step.
9. By using a screwdriver or pliers you need to remove the parking brake cable retainer clip.
10. After cleaning you need to smartly install the brake shoes and the components.
11. Then you have to install the new brake drums and wheel and then the tire.
If you can manage the task then only you should go ahead and if there is any kind of doubt then it is better to hire a professional mobile mechanic near me
Advanced Mobile Autocare is the name you can trust if you are looking for a professional mechanic to fix the problem you are facing with your vehicle. We have a highly trained and experienced team who are dedicated to offering quality service at an affordable price. You can easily ask anything to clear your doubts before hiring our experts for brakes repair in Canberra. Offering quality service and a long-lasting solution at an affordable price is what we are renowned for in the industry.