Why you need a good car battery replacement? Car battery is the central power hub of your vehicle for all things electrical. It stores electricity and then sends out jolts to every single electrical component in your vehicle. Not only does it power the electrical components, but it also keeps the electrical current in your car steady. which means it makes sure your car starts and has enough electricity to stay running. For example, one of the most common problems that some European cars have is ECUS/MODULES failure caused by a unsteady voltage/flat battery. The basics are always the most important!
Why choose the mobile mechanics from ADVANCED MOBILE AUTOCARE for car battery replacement
Car Battery is defiantly one of the most under rated components on vehicles, most of the people don’t understand fully what a battery does to a vehicle, they attend to keep jump-starting the flat battery just to get the car started, in which slowly harm your vehicle without you knowing it.
Our fully qualify mechanics can provide a onsite battery replacement to wherever your car is, we will go through the basic inspection for the starting and the battery system to make sure whether a new battery is what your car needs. On some of the vehicles with smart charging system, European vehicle particularly, we use a special machine that resets the charging system after a new battery is fitted, otherwise, some damage to the vehicle could be occur.
- Climatic conditions: We all know that the weather in Canberra could go extreme sometimes. Extreme heat is hard on batteries because it increases the rate of water evaporation from the cells. General speaking, car batteries are not a fan of cold weather. Lowering the ambient temperature causes chemical reactions to proceed more slowly. So a battery used at a low temperature produces less current than at a higher temperature. As cold batteries run down they quickly reach the point where they cannot deliver enough current to keep up with the demand.
- Lack Of Use: Your battery is given a workout every time you start your car, but is then recharged by the engine during the journey. So if you are only driving a short distance or even don’t drive your car at all, it will be impossible for the battery to regain the amount of power lost. The repetition the process daily the battery voltage will reduce steadily until it can no longer start the car.
- A faulty Alternator: A faulty charging system will drain the battery while the car is running. When an alternator is not pushing out enough voltage, which should be between 13.5 and 14.5 volts. The battery will drain quickly. This is especially true if you play the radio and lights while driving. Once the car battery drains completely, the headlights and radio will not operate. The car will stall and not start again until the battery is charged.Car battery replacement on vehicle could be a difficult task. This is due to batteries contains highly inflammable fluids which are corrosive and dangerous. Also some of the locations where the battery is could be very hard to access to. Any missed leak from battery can result in server consequences in terms of safety or reliability of the vehicle. Therefore, call professionals at Advanced Mobile Mechanics in Canberra is the best options.
- Test the battery to see whether the battery passes the battery tester or not.
- Test the alternator charge rate with loads and without loads
- Replace a new battery if necessary
- Check the starting system
- Check drive-belts and pulleys